One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One millionth of a farad. (Symbol: μF).
- ‘Paper capacitors usually range in value from about 300 picofarads to about 4 microfarads.’
- ‘Capacitance values range between 47 microfarads and 1,500 microfarads with ESR as low as 6 milliohms.’
- ‘Using equal capacitance of 12 to 16 microfarads per horsepower should result in a satisfactory balance.’
- ‘If desired, that value can now be converted to microfarads by moving the decimal point six places to the left.’
- ‘Start capacitors have much higher ranges and can be purchased in sizes all the way up to 800 microfarads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.