Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
One millionth of a farad. (Symbol: μF).
- ‘Paper capacitors usually range in value from about 300 picofarads to about 4 microfarads.’
- ‘Capacitance values range between 47 microfarads and 1,500 microfarads with ESR as low as 6 milliohms.’
- ‘Start capacitors have much higher ranges and can be purchased in sizes all the way up to 800 microfarads.’
- ‘If desired, that value can now be converted to microfarads by moving the decimal point six places to the left.’
- ‘Using equal capacitance of 12 to 16 microfarads per horsepower should result in a satisfactory balance.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.