Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
One millionth of a farad. (Symbol: μF).
- ‘Capacitance values range between 47 microfarads and 1,500 microfarads with ESR as low as 6 milliohms.’
- ‘If desired, that value can now be converted to microfarads by moving the decimal point six places to the left.’
- ‘Start capacitors have much higher ranges and can be purchased in sizes all the way up to 800 microfarads.’
- ‘Paper capacitors usually range in value from about 300 picofarads to about 4 microfarads.’
- ‘Using equal capacitance of 12 to 16 microfarads per horsepower should result in a satisfactory balance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.