One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Evolutionary change within a species or small group of organisms, especially over a short period.
- ‘The creation science folks accept microevolution but not macroevolution.’
- ‘They also concede Darwin's theory of microevolution: that species may, over time, adapt to suit their environments.’
- ‘Resting eggs of planktonic organisms from datable sediment cores are increasingly used to reconstruct historical information on the abundance, size, genetic composition, and microevolution of planktonic organisms.’
- ‘They already acknowledge microevolution - mutation and natural selection within a species.’
- ‘Evolutionary biologists debate fiercely about how macroevolutionary change emerges from microevolution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.