One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Evolutionary change within a species or small group of organisms, especially over a short period.
- ‘They also concede Darwin's theory of microevolution: that species may, over time, adapt to suit their environments.’
- ‘Evolutionary biologists debate fiercely about how macroevolutionary change emerges from microevolution.’
- ‘They already acknowledge microevolution - mutation and natural selection within a species.’
- ‘The creation science folks accept microevolution but not macroevolution.’
- ‘Resting eggs of planktonic organisms from datable sediment cores are increasingly used to reconstruct historical information on the abundance, size, genetic composition, and microevolution of planktonic organisms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.