One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A business operating on a very small scale, especially one in the developing world that is supported by microcredit.
- ‘Microenterprise schemes are popping up all over the world as a successful way to help poor entrepreneurs to help themselves.’
- ‘The Bank project is expected to add 10,000 jobs, while revitalizing microenterprise sales of arts and crafts which presently account for 10 percent of the annual gross domestic product.’
- ‘And while the need for microenterprise capital and training still exceeds existing resources, there has been an explosion in the availability of funds, particularly federal funds, over the last decade.’
- ‘It creates more jobs than any other industry, provides entrepreneurial opportunities for microenterprise, small and medium-sized enterprises and non-governmental organizations.’
- ‘The new products are providing fresh loans after six months and also microenterprise loans.’
- ‘Many participants joined the circles seeking the support of other women and were not ready to take out loans; that meant no interest income for the microenterprise agencies.’
- ‘Since then, the state of the practice in microenterprise development has been moved forward by creative practitioners, contentious political battles and dreamers.’
- ‘The future of women's microenterprise is going to be huge.’
- ‘We have identified three focus areas - economic development (particularly support for microenterprise development), education and the environment.’
- ‘Microenterprise development is not simply about reaching the poor and tallying numbers; it is about empowering the informal sector and strengthening economies.’
- ‘Your ideas of microenterprise savings and credit practices have reached all the corners of the world and the benefits to the millions of small businesses are far beyond measure.’
- ‘Poor and very low-income people who are engaged in microenterprise often need money to fund their businesses, and they often need training and other support.’
- ‘She received a microenterprise loan for her grocery shop.’
- ‘Many women are microenterprise owners.’
- ‘Its specific engagement with income production tends toward microenterprise promotion with limited funding.’
- ‘I am proud of America's key role in promoting microenterprise.’
- ‘They implement a wide variety of projects in agriculture, microenterprise, water and sanitation, and health.’
- ‘Over the past five years, America's average annual funding for microenterprise has been around $155 million.’
- ‘Following the urban migrants and their struggles, I began researching urban survival strategies and have written three books in Spanish on different types of microenterprise.’
- ‘This number will increase this year, as we are moving very cautiously at the moment, letting borrowers see how microenterprise loans can be utilized.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.