Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A control device which incorporates a microprocessor.
- ‘The microcontroller remaps the upper range of data to the maximum digital values, thereby enhancing image brightness at the high end of the pixel value range.’
- ‘The microcontroller assures control of switch means, such as triacs, switches and relays, and ensures that braking is effectuated regardless of the phase in the power cycle of the alternating current.’
- ‘The right side contains the microcontrollers and electronics for thermal control and scientific data acquisition.’
- ‘The microcontroller platform embeds a microcontroller, static RAM and a flash ROM.’
- ‘The hardware architecture is composed of a central control computer and microcontrollers commanding the air-conditioning equipment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.