One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very low-level instruction set which is stored permanently in a computer or peripheral controller and controls the operation of the device.
- ‘For seamless upgrades, enterprise libraries now allow for new drives to be attached and library microcode to be loaded while the library is running.’
- ‘It is also imperative that all drives in your library are running on the same microcode to eliminate any cross-programming issues.’
- ‘I could have picked on any program-handling program such as an assembler, a loader, or even hardware microcode.’
- ‘The SteelVine embedded microcode supports features like disk-to-disk copy and rebuild, packet cyclic redundancy checks and generation, hot-plug and asynchronous event notification.’
- ‘Reliability also has to do with how well the microcode for controlling the hardware and host interface is tested and proven.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.