One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A spherical bacterium found on dead or decaying organic matter.
- ‘The majority of flora isolated were gram-positive cocci, including coagulase-negative staphylococci and micrococci, present in all positive cultures.’
- ‘The only organisms isolated were diphtheroids, coagulase-negative staphylococci, and micrococci.’
- ‘Besides anthrax research, he focused on several other projects, including wound infections and micrococci in septicemic animals (later identified as streptococci and staphylococci).’
- ‘Spirochetes live in our gums; staphylococci, micrococci, and a small yeast from the genus Pityrosporon clothe our hides.’
- ‘The Staph. aureus were differentiated from micrococci with the help of Baird-Parker's classification 7.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.