One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier A pattern of very small squares.
- ‘I enjoyed using these microchecks to add a little special touch to the outfit.’
- ‘Can either one of these be treated as solids for pairing purposes (i.e. I'm a big fan of check shirts… are either suit patterns subtle enough to go with ginghams, windowpanes, and microchecks)?’
- ‘Microchecks are fine but a thicker check is better.’
- ‘Our wide selection of Swiss and Pima fabrics include batiste, pique, lawn, oxford, broadcloth, microchecks, silky cottons, and more.’
- ‘I purchased some Imperial microchecks in pink and green, also a couple of patterns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.