One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
usually as modifier A pattern of very small squares.
- ‘I purchased some Imperial microchecks in pink and green, also a couple of patterns.’
- ‘Can either one of these be treated as solids for pairing purposes (i.e. I'm a big fan of check shirts… are either suit patterns subtle enough to go with ginghams, windowpanes, and microchecks)?’
- ‘I enjoyed using these microchecks to add a little special touch to the outfit.’
- ‘Microchecks are fine but a thicker check is better.’
- ‘Our wide selection of Swiss and Pima fabrics include batiste, pique, lawn, oxford, broadcloth, microchecks, silky cottons, and more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.