One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brewery which produces limited quantities of beer, typically for consumption on its own premises.
- ‘Portlanders drink better beer than most, too, with 23 microbreweries within city limits.’
- ‘The combined volume of beer sold by microbreweries and regional specialty breweries increased by 210,000 barrels, bringing their total volume to just under 3.8 million barrels.’
- ‘Tonight, the plan is to get beers at a new microbrewery and then catch Morgan's band, which is playing at another joint.’
- ‘Lang Creek Brewery in Marion, Mo., is a microbrewery that puts aviation right on its labels.’
- ‘However, unlike microbreweries, the brewpub growth represents a welcome turnaround after five years of falling numbers.’
- ‘The Glacier Brew House, a downtown microbrewery that serves burgers and such, is popular for lunch and dinner.’
- ‘In 1986 they cofounded Catamount Brewery, one of the first microbreweries in New England.’
- ‘If microbreweries could succeed by making beer in limited quantities with high-quality ingredients, he would do the same with ice cream.’
- ‘Seattle boasts microbreweries, Pittsburgh is the kind of place where a beer means a Budweiser or Miller and nothing else.’
- ‘The vacuum chambers, where the test masses reside, look like the tanks in a microbrewery, though unpolished.’
- ‘The microbrewery's beers are formulated from proprietary recipes.’
- ‘I can't stress exactly how unremarkable this cereal tastes; it's like going to one of those local microbreweries and tasting a pale ale whose taste completely vanishes from your mouth the second you drink it.’
- ‘Irish-owned microbrewery the Porterhouse Brewing Company has opened its fifth bar and restaurant.’
- ‘He is the only shop in Japan which adjusts blends depending upon the time of year and quality of harvest, a true microbrewery.’
- ‘There are beers brewed especially for this time of year, including some of the best beers put out by microbreweries and foreign breweries.’
- ‘First, microbreweries and chains featuring beer experienced tremendous growth.’
- ‘Located in a four-story brick building that used to be a shoe factory, the as-yet unnamed restaurant will have an 1,800-seat banquet facility as well as a neighboring microbrewery.’
- ‘While the major breweries dominated the beer market, imported brands and local microbreweries also flourished.’
- ‘You have a huge movement of organic food and the phenomenon of the microbreweries.’
- ‘For thirty years, Maurice lived in a small outhouse attached to the pub, acting as an impromptu security man, on-site maintenance engineer for the microbrewery and resident ghost.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.