Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A type of beer produced in a microbrewery.‘bar listings range from myriad single malt Scotches to microbrews on tap’
- ‘For a while in the 1990s it seemed that microbrews, brew pubs and craft beers were going to overthrow the established brewing order.’
- ‘Customers who want some help wading through all the suds - microbrews, Belgians and rare international brews lead the list - can even consult with Higgins' beer steward.’
- ‘For relaxation, campers drank microbrews, tossed Frisbees, and disassembled a Toyota Prius, then put it back together again (it was a rental).’
- ‘Use local microbrews for your combos, those brews whose flavors your customers already recognize and which might meld nicely with other local micros.’
- ‘I do have this funky little crick in my neck, though, but it's nothing a nice microbrew won't cure.’
- ‘However, Boulevard Brewing Company, the local microbrew, does incredibly well in our establishment.’
- ‘The malternatives look just like a tightly compressed replay of microbrews: huge growth, huge proliferation of brands, more thought on the marketing than on the product, and fallout.’
- ‘In the early nineties, you couldn't turn around without spilling a microbrew on some goateed guy's flannel.’
- ‘I noticed a tap for a local microbrew called Prohibition Ale, brewed by Speakeasy Brewery.’
- ‘I stick to microbrews - at least they have character for the carbs.’
- ‘The microbrews caused a growth in tap handles, which favored on-premise.’
- ‘I don't know if this is ‘yuppie,’ but I only drink microbrews or imported beer.’
- ‘While there are slight variations from restaurant to restaurant, each carries a microbrew.’
- ‘In the mid-1990s the new excitement was about microbrews and specialty beers.’
- ‘Foods they are seeking to preserve include thousands of apple varieties that are at risk of becoming extinct, different types of handcrafted cheeses and small-batch microbrews.’
- ‘There's a nice balance in knowledge when it comes to microbrews.’
- ‘Sample the Bridger Bar brownies at the midmountain Deer Park Chalet or a microbrew by the stone fireplace in the Jim Bridger Lodge.’
- ‘Import sales soar higher than the Concorde, regional microbrews flood local markets and new beer brands abound.’
- ‘If young beer drinkers have migrated from microbrews to low-carb and retro beers, what else?’
- ‘Of course, a number of microbrews have popped up since the 1980s, when the market first opened up to specialty beers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.