One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A social media site to which a user makes short, frequent posts.‘she announced her retirement on her microblog, bidding farewell to the sport’
- ‘More and more bloggers are using microblogs as their primary publishing tool.’
- ‘A blog or microblog could help gather information and build an audience prior to the presentation, while allowing for an expanded conversation after it is over.’
- ‘Bulletin boards and microblogs have been buzzing all day with chatter about Google's announcement.’
- ‘She immediately put the picture on her microblog.’
- ‘Internet microblogs crackled with messages of support.’
- ‘Her initial post on the Twitter-like microblog Weibo was forwarded tens of thousands of times.’
- ‘Microblogs and other social media have given people the tools to discuss social issues and to organise.’
- ‘Economists are using automatic text analysis methods to evaluate thousands of daily Twitter microblog messages.’
- ‘Readers of your blog and microblogs learn more about who you are as a person, and as a researcher and professional.’
- ‘Photos of her apparently lavish lifestyle on her microblog triggered suspicions that the organisation's funds had been misappropriated.’
- ‘News of the raid quickly spread on microblogs, partly fed by indignant postings from those who had been detained.’
- ‘A passerby who saw the whole exchange then took a photo of the trio and uploaded it to his microblog.’
Early 21st century: from micro- + blog.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.