One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is therefore heartening to see a new state-of-the-art suite of micros to be used entirely for adult education, at Bunyan Upper School.’
- ‘Thus we have exhibits of 1940s era toys, an exhibition of Churchill Memorabilia, a model railway exhibit, a museum on the history of computing - some minicomputer stuff - plus lots of 1970s vintage micros I hadn't seen for a while.’
- ‘I have a real soft-spot for Elite, having played it for many nights on a BBC micro.’
- ‘This then allows the micro to send data via some lengthy USB cables and a hub (for the three of us) to a laptop.’
- ‘In my case, as with most PCIe motherboards, this is not an issue as unless it's a micro, there should be 2 PCI slots left over.’
- ‘Jodrell Bank, the radio astronomy observatory in the UK, uses a BBC micro from the early 1980s to steer one of their smaller dishes which tracks a pulsar in the Crab nebula.’
- ‘So it looks like veterans of early 80s micros could find their finely honed programming skills back in use.’
- ‘The MMC micro can operate on either 3.3 volts or 1.8 volts, cutting power consumption up to one-sixth that of competing devices.’
- ‘We want to reduce that burden and we are developing a separate code for micros that should be brought before cabinet before the end of [this month].’
3A very short miniskirt or minidress.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.