One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The inquiry itself embodied a pivotal shift in scientific paradigms of disease causation from miasmatic or filth-based models to the germ theory.’
- ‘The texture of the air is different; drier, fresher: late August is miasmatic, but all that's gone now.’
- ‘The painkillers killed the pain, induced a marvelous, floaty sort of feeling, and lifted my spirits to the point where I was filled with a sort of miasmatic love for every other man, woman, and small furry animal on the planet.’
- ‘If typhoid did appear, medical authorities recommended the removal of the troops from the miasmatic conditions, the disuse of the suspected contaminated water supply, and the disinfection of the latrines.’
- ‘To allay anxiety about deleterious perspiration and open pores in the miasmatic tropics, the British insisted on wearing thick flannel next to the skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.