Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Mexican wrestling has long been an entertainment staple in the community’another term for lucha libre
- ‘He also secretly loves Lucha Libre, Mexican wrestling, the excitement and the thrills of that life.’
- ‘Welcome to the world of Mexican wrestling, one of the strangest and most compelling subcultures in the world.’
- ‘It is all about fast game play and easy to learn controls with tons of great fighting styles to learn like Tae Kwon Do, Capoeira, Mexican Wrestling, Sumo, and lots more.’
- ‘He has his roots in Mexican wrestling.’
- ‘Lucha libre (Mexican wrestling) is a performative art which, like popular theater, amuses and entertains while posing moral and political dilemmas.’
- ‘His father is a legend in Mexican wrestling.’
- ‘Mexican wrestling rode a wave of popularity due to his presence in the ring.’
- ‘He makes a very strong case, and due to my limited knowledge on the history of Mexican wrestling/wrestlers, I'd have to say I agree.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.