One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convert to a metric system of measurement.‘when copper pipe was metricated, the method of measuring it changed’
- ‘Imagine - the European Commission might want to harmonise uniforms and cap badges, or even metricate them.’
- ‘The theory offers a novel way to metricate Hofmeister effects and also leads to thermodynamic quantities, which account for the influence of salts.’
- ‘Napoleon Bonaparte started to metricate the world in the early 1800s. Two hundred years later, the US still has problems in following the rest of the world.’
- ‘Everything from cough mixture to nail varnish is already metricated in the city's pharmacies.’
- ‘If I follow his argument correctly, then logically we shall need to metricate all other things such as time, for example.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.