One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This, of course, takes up considerable square metreage, to say nothing of all the other facilities which he and his alliance propose.’
- ‘But after that, the meterage for subsequent distances will be reduced from 125 metres to 113 metres, under which the standard fare for a 2.5-mile journey will rise from £4.60 to £4.80 an increase of 4.16 per cent.’
- ‘In the end, though, a remarkably cheap building was achieved in terms of square metreage, but only through some very careful project management.’
- ‘In terms of fabric, there is the potential to save thousands when you think of the meterage involved in curtains and sofa covers.’
- ‘His meterage was maybe a bit higher than mine now, but the actual training wasn't massively different to mine, being very endurance based.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.