One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that shows great attention to detail; very thoroughly.‘a meticulously researched book’as submodifier ‘meticulously clean utensils’
- ‘The technique involves deconstructing the overall design into thousands of precise pieces, each meticulously positioned.’
- ‘In his work, buildings appear drenched in a sunlight, which plays over the meticulously painted brickwork.’
- ‘Displayed on the gallery floor were seven disks made of synthetic hair, each meticulously combed out to a diameter of five feet.’
- ‘His buildings are ideologically based, experientially nuanced, meticulously thought through.’
- ‘In unsettling contrast to its meticulously groomed environs, an aura of dilapidation pervades the site.’
- ‘The Japanese architect devoted more than three decades to meticulously planning the building.’
- ‘He began meticulously glueing pieces of broken mirror glass onto the interior wood paneling.’
- ‘The printer had to work meticulously to align the colors well along the lines.’
- ‘She had meticulously recorded all the data concerning his labor.’
- ‘Throughout the process, he has meticulously planned every detail with the help of engineers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.