One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- systematic chemical name for toluene
- ‘Like any other hydrocarbons, benzene and methylbenzene burn in a plentiful supply of oxygen to give carbon dioxide and water.’
- ‘For example if hydrogen chloride is dissolved in an organic compound such as methylbenzene no acidic properties are shown, unlike when it is dissolved in water.’
- ‘Toluene (methylbenzene) is an aromatic hydrocarbon natural product of diagenic origin and an important commercial chemical.’
- ‘Toluene (methylbenzene) was ranked as 33 out of the 208 ranks.’
- ‘Octane number upgrading is also possible with tert-butylalcohol, but this is available in too small quantities to be a viable alternative to up-grading with methylbenzene (toluene).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.