One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an orderly or systematic manner.‘we worked slowly and methodically through all procedures’
- ‘In his counterattack, he methodically defends himself against each of his enemy's charges.’
- ‘The talented Spanish director is methodically building a character study.’
- ‘Methodically feathered brushstrokes create a dark, shimmering vortex from which light seems poised to escape.’
- ‘She quietly and dreamily lowered herself into his arms, and he methodically marched off with her.’
- ‘Such climactic scenes are methodically constructed through the unfolding of otherwise uneventful plots.’
- ‘Methodically panning surveillance cameras affixed to each construction delivered a live feed of the action to nearby wall-mounted monitors.’
- ‘She methodically keeps a spreadsheet of the pieces she owns.’
- ‘He began his career in the 1930s, methodically studying gall wasps.’
- ‘He directs at a mannerly pace, building his themes methodically.’
- ‘Some of the police station footage has a fresh, almost documentary feel, as then-new technologies like fingerprint analysis are methodically examined.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.