One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On offer that day were the people's favourite, chicken tikka masala, chicken tikka dansak, chicken tikka shashlik, lamb tikka shahee, mixed dupiaza, prawn dupiaza, vegetable methi and vegetable balti.’
- ‘Add the corn flour or maida, kasooti methi, masala powder, chilli powder and salt.’
- ‘Popularly known as methi, fenugreek seeds are an essential spice of an Indian kitchen.’
- ‘Sambhaar powder is made of coarsely ground yellow mustard powder, coarsely ground methi, chilli powder, salt, asafoetida and turmeric’
- ‘Another spice, fenugreek, also known as methi, has shown to decrease blood glucose, LDL cholesterol, VLDL cholesterol and triglycerides.’
Sanskrit, Hindi methī, from Dravidian.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.