Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A salt or ester of methacrylic acid, especially any of these esters used in making resins by polymerization.
- ‘Other chemicals Spry discussed include peracetic acid, hydrogen peroxide, formalin, and methyl methacrylate.’
- ‘The most durable exterior house paints are based on acrylic co-polymers of materials like methyl methacrylate and butyl acrylate.’
- ‘About 20% is used in the manufacture of methyl methacrylate to make plastics such as acrylic plastic, which can be used in place of glass.’
- ‘Another derivative, guaiacol glyceryl ether, is an ingredient in cough medicines, and glycerol methacrylate is used in the manufacture of soft contact lenses to make them permeable to air.’
- ‘Other monomers in the plurality include acrylic acid and methyl methacrylate.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.