One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of methacrylic acid, especially any of these esters used in making resins by polymerization.
- ‘Other chemicals Spry discussed include peracetic acid, hydrogen peroxide, formalin, and methyl methacrylate.’
- ‘Other monomers in the plurality include acrylic acid and methyl methacrylate.’
- ‘The most durable exterior house paints are based on acrylic co-polymers of materials like methyl methacrylate and butyl acrylate.’
- ‘Another derivative, guaiacol glyceryl ether, is an ingredient in cough medicines, and glycerol methacrylate is used in the manufacture of soft contact lenses to make them permeable to air.’
- ‘About 20% is used in the manufacture of methyl methacrylate to make plastics such as acrylic plastic, which can be used in place of glass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.