One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An expert in or student of meteorology; a weather forecaster.‘meteorologists predict rain for the rest of the week’
weather forecaster, met officer, weatherman, weatherwoman, nowcaster, weather prophetView synonyms
- ‘The American Meteorology Society has answers to many questions about meteorologists and career in meteorology.’
- ‘All around the world meteorologists fly helium filled balloons to measure, amongst other things, the temperature of the air at different heights above the ground.’
- ‘A good place to find a qualified meteorologist is through the American Meteorological Society.’
- ‘I got a glimpse of this difficulty because in my military service I was a weather forecaster, a meteorologist.’
- ‘The meteorologists who make TV weather maps might denote heavy rainfall with one color and light rainfall with another.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.