Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An expert in or student of meteorology; a weather forecaster.‘meteorologists predict rain for the rest of the week’
weather forecaster, met officer, weatherman, weatherwoman, nowcaster, weather prophetweathergirl, met manView synonyms
- ‘I got a glimpse of this difficulty because in my military service I was a weather forecaster, a meteorologist.’
- ‘The meteorologists who make TV weather maps might denote heavy rainfall with one color and light rainfall with another.’
- ‘The American Meteorology Society has answers to many questions about meteorologists and career in meteorology.’
- ‘All around the world meteorologists fly helium filled balloons to measure, amongst other things, the temperature of the air at different heights above the ground.’
- ‘A good place to find a qualified meteorologist is through the American Meteorological Society.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.