One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A number of meteors that appear to radiate from one point in the sky at a particular date each year, due to the earth regularly passing through them at that position in its orbit.
- ‘But then you called me, one month after the birthday party, and invited me to watch the meteor shower.’
- ‘The Leonid meteor shower, which radiates from the so-called sickle of Leo, displays a double peak this year.’
- ‘It was a rare thirty-year occurrence, a large meteor shower as bright and wonderful as any fireworks display.’
- ‘A meteor shower occurs when Earth crosses this stream of debris.’
- ‘Although summer is the best time to view the most dramatic showers, you may still be able to see the Geminids, a meteor shower that typically shows up around the middle of December.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.