One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Here are a few more words that are metathetic forms of former words.’
- ‘Sometimes the metathetic version of a word becomes so popular that it replaces the original so-called ‘correct’ pronunciation.’
- ‘There is a great deal of debate as to whether or not stimuli that are part of a metathetic continuum can be explained by the Power Law.’
- ‘The present invention relates to a heterogenic rhenium containing catalyst suited particularly to the metathetic reactions of hydrocarbons.’
- ‘It is suggested here that metathetic continua may not be amenable to investigation as relative class concepts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.