One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The present invention relates to a heterogenic rhenium containing catalyst suited particularly to the metathetic reactions of hydrocarbons.’
- ‘There is a great deal of debate as to whether or not stimuli that are part of a metathetic continuum can be explained by the Power Law.’
- ‘Sometimes the metathetic version of a word becomes so popular that it replaces the original so-called ‘correct’ pronunciation.’
- ‘It is suggested here that metathetic continua may not be amenable to investigation as relative class concepts.’
- ‘Here are a few more words that are metathetic forms of former words.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.