One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a cancer) spread to other sites in the body by metastasis.‘his cancer had metastasized to the liver’‘metastasizing tumour cells’
grow, increase, escalate, advance, develop, broaden, expand, widen, proliferate, mushroomView synonyms
- ‘In 70 percent of these cases, the cancer will have metastasized, or spread to other areas of the body.’
- ‘In addition, cancers can metastasize by penetrating into blood vessels, lymphatics, and body cavities.’
- ‘Lung cancers often metastasize to the brain, liver, adrenals, bone, and kidneys but evaluation of these organs is usually directed by symptoms and clinical suspicion rather than by routine scanning.’
- ‘Cancer cells can also metastasize from their original site to other parts of the body.’
- ‘Vertical-phase tumors are more likely to metastasize (spread cancer to other parts of the body) than radial melanomas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.