One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For, as scholastic metaphysicians tell us, the good and the true are but aspects of a single reality.’
- ‘The anthropologists, the philosophers, the metaphysicians of presence - they already know the answer when they begin, and construct their observations accordingly.’
- ‘He is the backyard hobbyist turned metaphysician exploring universal dynamism and the poetry of popular mechanics.’
- ‘As poet and critic, philosopher and moralist and metaphysician, he to some extent invented those new, difficult and radical criteria by which we have learned to judge work like his own.’
- ‘Even if we shall never succeed in seeing ourselves as metaphysicians and epistemologists have hoped to see us, we nevertheless have no reason to doubt that the West is best at acquiring truth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.