One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘By this maneuver, the mind is protected from clutter-mind and body, separated out, are actually coerced into a negatively metaphrastic liaison.’
- ‘Maria has prepared literal (metaphrastic) versions of many Hungarian poets over the years.’
- ‘To offer a definitive solution at this point would be unwise as long as the metaphrastic Life of Symeon has not been critically edited.’
- ‘But for assessing the cult of saints in Byzantium the tenth-century ‘Metaphrastic’ (rewritten) collection of saints' lives dominate the manuscript record.’
- ‘Very meager information about his life is preserved in a metaphrastic work: ‘The Martyrdom of Basil of Ancyra’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.