One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or consisting of several similar segments or somites.
- ‘Indeed, there is: somites in metameric animals usually form sequentially from a posterior growth zone, a process found again in all three branches of the bilaterians.’
- ‘Notably, the oldest known Early Cambrian chordate Yunnanozoon had its metameric muscular units located dorsally of the notochord, although its body was laterally compressed.’
- ‘The term iteration is used to denote processes that result in both metameric segments and repeated ectodermal skeletal structures.’
- ‘The body divided into a distinct cephalon and metameric trunk.’
- ‘An organism is considered metameric when its body is mostly formed of serially repeated anatomical units called metameres.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.