One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or consisting of several similar segments or somites.
- ‘An organism is considered metameric when its body is mostly formed of serially repeated anatomical units called metameres.’
- ‘The term iteration is used to denote processes that result in both metameric segments and repeated ectodermal skeletal structures.’
- ‘Indeed, there is: somites in metameric animals usually form sequentially from a posterior growth zone, a process found again in all three branches of the bilaterians.’
- ‘Notably, the oldest known Early Cambrian chordate Yunnanozoon had its metameric muscular units located dorsally of the notochord, although its body was laterally compressed.’
- ‘The body divided into a distinct cephalon and metameric trunk.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.