Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or consisting of several similar segments or somites.
- ‘The term iteration is used to denote processes that result in both metameric segments and repeated ectodermal skeletal structures.’
- ‘Indeed, there is: somites in metameric animals usually form sequentially from a posterior growth zone, a process found again in all three branches of the bilaterians.’
- ‘An organism is considered metameric when its body is mostly formed of serially repeated anatomical units called metameres.’
- ‘The body divided into a distinct cephalon and metameric trunk.’
- ‘Notably, the oldest known Early Cambrian chordate Yunnanozoon had its metameric muscular units located dorsally of the notochord, although its body was laterally compressed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.