One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The study of formal calculi is more a job for metamathematicians than mathematicians.’
- ‘They contain lists of consistent and semiconsistent mathematical systems; interesting to metamathematicians but not very relevant to anybody else.’
- ‘The set theory fixation is also driven by Godel's results, which provided the metamathematicians with exciting content theorems of their own.’
- ‘Perhaps some young metamathematician of the next generation will prove why this has to be so.’
- ‘It is not easy to speculate just how a metamathematician should conduct himself in the pursuit of this discipline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.