One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A butterfly with brilliant metallic markings on the wings, found chiefly in tropical America.
Family Riodinidae: several genera
- ‘Unlike the many butterfly species that have several generations a year, Lange's metalmark has only one.’
- ‘In experiments pitting the two in a Plexiglas arena, the metalmark faced down its nemesis time after time.’
- ‘The family of metalmark butterflies consists of little metalmarks and northern metalmarks.’
- ‘And so, in 2001, I actually got to see my first living swamp metalmarks at Dundee Fen in Wisconsin.’
- ‘As their name implies, Mormon metalmarks are mostly a species of the Great Basin, and do not occur across most of the Pacific Northwest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.