One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Permanent mold castings are metallurgically superior to die or sand castings, having greater soundness, pressure tightness, higher strength, greater speed of production, and thinner walls.’
- ‘Exactly what the use of white metal may mean, of course, waits on more complex investigation, both metallurgically and archaeologically.’
- ‘He added that the unfired bullets found wrapped with it in a blanket were metallurgically different from the bullet taken from King's body, and therefore were from a different lot of ammunition.’
- ‘It is important that any material whose properties make it technically attractive for operation for long periods at elevated temperatures should be metallurgically and mechanically stable under operating conditions.’
- ‘This medical aspect of Chinese alchemy distinguishes it from the metallurgically based Arabic and Western traditions, at least until the time of Paracelsus in the sixteenth century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.