Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for semimetal
- ‘Chemically, elements can be classified as metals, metalloids, or non-metals based, in part, upon these physical properties.’
- ‘Inasmuch as chemical properties determine toxicological properties, metalloids should not be considered as a subset of metals but as a subset of nonmetals.’
- ‘As its two allotropic forms might suggest, silicon is a metalloid.’
- ‘Separating them are metalloids or semimetals.’
- ‘Another group of elements - the metalloid or semi-metal elements - share some properties with the metals and some with the nonmetals.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.