One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The descriptive science of the structure and properties of metals.
- ‘With the advent of metallography, and as the body of knowledge pertinent to cast iron increased, other classifications based on microstructural features became possible.’
- ‘The austenite-pearlite reaction Pearlite is probably the most familiar micro structural feature in the whole science of metallography.’
- ‘Extremely careful metallography on tapered sections through the surface of the specimen has shown that fatigue cracks initiate at intrusions and extrusions.’
- ‘It is built up of a number of crystals of the same composition, given the name ferrite in metallography.’
- ‘There are two important features of bainite kinetics which can be shown by a variety of techniques, e.g. dilatometry, electrical resistivity, magnetic measurements and by metallography.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.