One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Coat with a layer of metal.‘the papers are then metallized with a thin film of aluminium’
- ‘Now the clean room is gone and the CD is molded, metalized with aluminum, spin-coated and the label is screened - all in three seconds.’
- 1.1 Make metallic in form or appearance.‘the problem of metallizing hydrogen has remained an experimental challenge of the first rank’
metallized, burnishedView synonyms
- ‘The first step of the processing was to metalize front contact pads.’
- ‘This process encompasses a variety of chemical processing steps designed to clean, activate and metalize the otherwise nonconductive resin glass hole wall.’
- ‘You can vacuum metalize many materials including plastic, metal, glass, fiberglass, and more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.