One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Coat with a thin layer of metal.‘the papers are then metallized with a thin film of aluminium’
- ‘Now the clean room is gone and the CD is molded, metalized with aluminum, spin-coated and the label is screened - all in three seconds.’
- 1.1 Make metallic in form or appearance.‘the problem of metallizing hydrogen has remained an experimental challenge of the first rank’
metallized, burnishedView synonyms
- ‘You can vacuum metalize many materials including plastic, metal, glass, fiberglass, and more.’
- ‘The first step of the processing was to metalize front contact pads.’
- ‘This process encompasses a variety of chemical processing steps designed to clean, activate and metalize the otherwise nonconductive resin glass hole wall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.