One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At Stage Five, the student has complete metalinguistic competence and is capable of learning independently.’
- ‘They attribute this poor performance to the influence of reading experience and less well-developed metalinguistic abilities.’
- ‘Smith utilizes a metalinguistic analysis to reinsert the long-neglected importance of the subject into the practice of writing art criticism.’
- ‘It has been argued that bilingualism contributes to increased metalinguistic ability.’
- ‘Use, rather than metalinguistic acknowledgement, rationalizes these aspects of language, and a sense of aesthetic accomplishment arises through employing them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.