Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fan or performer of heavy metal music.‘their supercharged rock'n'roll appealed to punks and metalheads alike’
- ‘Of course, as a self-proclaimed metalhead himself, Dunn has created an unabashedly one-sided documentary in favor of his musical passion.’
- ‘The noise they make is a screeching mess of distorted guitars, a bass so loud the walls are almost shaking, and vocals best described as screaming like a demented metalhead trying to get a week off work by self-inflicted laryngitis.’
- ‘Any self-respecting metalhead should have this album, or be in the process of acquiring a copy.’
- ‘It was bliss for the metalheads and eye-opening for anyone else.’
- ‘I am, however, afraid of getting into a mosh pit with a horde of metalheads.’
- ‘Ottawa isn't known for its headbangers, but it seemed that every metalhead in the city turned out for this show.’
- ‘You all know that I'm first and foremost a punk and metalhead, but being a deeply eclectic type I also love reggae and ska.’
- ‘For clubbers, indie kids and metalheads, the choice is dire.’
- ‘I like to skateboard and am a total metalhead.’
- ‘The band proved too heavy for all but the most adventurous indie rockers and far too weird for the average metalhead.’
- ‘With him, as always, is Garth, a nerdy fellow metalhead with even simpler goals: to avoid the discomfort he feels in so many social situations.’
- ‘She strutted around the stage and shook her hair like a seasoned metalhead, looking like she'd played to arenas and stadiums for years.’
- ‘Lefty, who knew you were such a metalhead?’
- ‘I dare any metalhead worthy of the name not to want to join the mosh pit after witnessing them.’
- ‘I'm a closet metalhead.’
- ‘I'm a former '80s metalhead/horror fan who had never heard of this movie before now.’
- ‘Usually when you met a girl who was into this music too, it turned out she was already going out with a metalhead.’
- ‘"Did you see that long-haired metalhead?"’
- ‘He claims to be a true metalhead.’
- ‘But Jamie grew up on the blues, and Corey is a bit of a metalhead, so we're teaching him a bit about punk.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.