One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A metallized film added to paint to increase protection against rust.as modifier ‘a metalflake boat’
- ‘On the back of my boat, the silver metalflake is becoming foggy.’
- ‘Clear coating the finish will help give a glossy finish but the broken edges of the metalflake are exposed and the look is duller.’
- ‘Less than £100 worth of metalflake will cover most vehicles and all our products are available via mail order or can be collected in person.’
- ‘However, we love to do larger style flake, splinter flake, prism, diamond or any other types of metalflake that's available.’
- ‘I want black metalflake on the boat, and of course with a good gelcoat over the top.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.