One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of graphical information stored in a format that can be exchanged between different systems or software.
- ‘Users can export vector-based geometry, such as a computer graphics metafile, and bring it into another program.’
- ‘The charts are exported as vector graphics (enhanced metafiles) rather than bitmaps, which makes them easy to rescale and to edit further if desired.’
- ‘They are simply packages with corresponding metafiles and installation scripts.’
- ‘However, each of the 11 pictures of a tulip is a 392Kb metafile.’
- ‘And how would you know what you're getting without at least a metafile of what's on offer?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.