Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Awareness and understanding of one's own thought processes.
- ‘The current experiments were conducted to determine the role of metacognition in changing answers on multiple-choice tests.’
- ‘The current research focuses on two other literatures where cross talk could be fruitful: psychological testing and the newer field of metacognition.’
- ‘Moreoever, these views may guide their capacity for metacognition.’
- ‘Future directions primarily consisted of offering additional areas (e.g., metacognition, folk psychology) in which one might work out a bridge with the minding concept.’
- ‘She has also examined closed-head injury with respect to working memory, metacognition, and reading ability.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.