Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Awareness and understanding of one's own thought processes.
- ‘The current experiments were conducted to determine the role of metacognition in changing answers on multiple-choice tests.’
- ‘Moreoever, these views may guide their capacity for metacognition.’
- ‘She has also examined closed-head injury with respect to working memory, metacognition, and reading ability.’
- ‘The current research focuses on two other literatures where cross talk could be fruitful: psychological testing and the newer field of metacognition.’
- ‘Future directions primarily consisted of offering additional areas (e.g., metacognition, folk psychology) in which one might work out a bridge with the minding concept.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.