Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The total number of metabolites present within an organism, cell, or tissue.‘water composition had a significant effect on the fish liver metabolome’
- ‘Therefore, the metabolite composition of a cell or organism, the metabolome, is linked to the transcriptome and to the physiological state of the plant.’
- ‘I've spent the past three days at the conference, among folks who are wrestling not only with the genome, but also with the proteome, the transcriptome, the reactome, and the metabolome.’
- ‘Interestingly, similar trends as those shown in Fig.1 were also observed in the metabolome.’
- ‘As another approach to integrate transcriptome and metabolome, data are mapped on known metabolic pathways.’
- ‘Amino acid analysis and metabolome studies of the mutants are now in progress.’
1990s: blend of metabolism and genome.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.