Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance formed in or necessary for metabolism.
- ‘Homocysteine is an intermediary metabolite of essential dietary amino acid methionine.’
- ‘In other reviews, the role of nitrate and nitrogen metabolites in regulating metabolism and development has been discussed.’
- ‘All of these require metabolism to form genotoxic metabolites in vivo.’
- ‘The plasma membrane transport of other metabolites such as amino acids and sugars can also be assayed by the changes in membrane potential.’
- ‘Malic Acid is the only metabolite of the Krebs Cycle which falls in concentration during exhaustive physical activity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.