Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A substance formed in or necessary for metabolism.
- ‘The plasma membrane transport of other metabolites such as amino acids and sugars can also be assayed by the changes in membrane potential.’
- ‘Homocysteine is an intermediary metabolite of essential dietary amino acid methionine.’
- ‘In other reviews, the role of nitrate and nitrogen metabolites in regulating metabolism and development has been discussed.’
- ‘All of these require metabolism to form genotoxic metabolites in vivo.’
- ‘Malic Acid is the only metabolite of the Krebs Cycle which falls in concentration during exhaustive physical activity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.