One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A substance formed in or necessary for metabolism.
- ‘All of these require metabolism to form genotoxic metabolites in vivo.’
- ‘The plasma membrane transport of other metabolites such as amino acids and sugars can also be assayed by the changes in membrane potential.’
- ‘Homocysteine is an intermediary metabolite of essential dietary amino acid methionine.’
- ‘In other reviews, the role of nitrate and nitrogen metabolites in regulating metabolism and development has been discussed.’
- ‘Malic Acid is the only metabolite of the Krebs Cycle which falls in concentration during exhaustive physical activity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.