One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cluster of biochemical and physiological abnormalities associated with the development of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.‘the new research may suggest treatments to combat metabolic syndrome, such as anti-inflammatory drugs’
- ‘The researchers found exercise improved overall fitness, but also offset metabolic syndrome.’
- ‘Elders with both the metabolic syndrome and high levels of inflammation in the blood are particularly at risk, according to the research.’
- ‘Another new feature of the guidelines is an emphasis on treating people with metabolic syndrome, which is closely linked to insulin resistance.’
- ‘Initially, researchers obtain a DNA sample from the patient and then collect information on the patient's personal and family history of metabolic syndrome and history of noncompliance.’
- ‘You may have metabolic syndrome or one or more risk factors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.