One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cluster of biochemical and physiological abnormalities associated with the development of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes.‘the new research may suggest treatments to combat metabolic syndrome, such as anti-inflammatory drugs’
- ‘Initially, researchers obtain a DNA sample from the patient and then collect information on the patient's personal and family history of metabolic syndrome and history of noncompliance.’
- ‘Another new feature of the guidelines is an emphasis on treating people with metabolic syndrome, which is closely linked to insulin resistance.’
- ‘You may have metabolic syndrome or one or more risk factors.’
- ‘The researchers found exercise improved overall fitness, but also offset metabolic syndrome.’
- ‘Elders with both the metabolic syndrome and high levels of inflammation in the blood are particularly at risk, according to the research.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.