Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A key on some keyboards which activates a particular function when held down simultaneously with another key.→ meta
- ‘If the above meta keys do not work for some reason you can use the escape key instead by typing it as a separate keystroke.’
- ‘Become familiar with each of the tools’ behaviour, and it's modified behaviour in conjunction with the meta keys.’
- ‘It goes against the grain to leave anyone out simply because they can't read text on a video display or press both the meta key and F1 simultaneously.’
- ‘These two keys are called the control and meta keys.’
- ‘The keyboard commands are formed by holding down the control and/or meta keys while typing a keystroke that identified the command.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.