One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A key on some keyboards which activates a particular function when held down simultaneously with another key.
- ‘If the above meta keys do not work for some reason you can use the escape key instead by typing it as a separate keystroke.’
- ‘It goes against the grain to leave anyone out simply because they can't read text on a video display or press both the meta key and F1 simultaneously.’
- ‘These two keys are called the control and meta keys.’
- ‘The keyboard commands are formed by holding down the control and/or meta keys while typing a keystroke that identified the command.’
- ‘Become familiar with each of the tools’ behaviour, and it's modified behaviour in conjunction with the meta keys.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.