One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The form of RNA in which genetic information transcribed from DNA as a sequence of bases is transferred to a ribosome.
- ‘RNA polymerase processes along the DNA, transcribing the DNA into messenger RNA (mRNA).’
- ‘This conclusion was reached prior to the discovery of messenger RNA, transfer RNA, or the mechanism of translation.’
- ‘It is difficult to identify a gene from a genomic sequence unless a messenger RNA from of the gene has been previously isolated, according to Fannon.’
- ‘The transcriptional and translational silencing of pseudogenes would add to the tagging system mediated by transfer and messenger RNA.’
- ‘In RNA editing, specific nucleotides within the sequences of messenger RNA transcripts are modified during or after splicing.’
- ‘Many were either in untranslated regions of the gene's messenger RNA transcript or in regions that are spliced out before the message is translated into protein.’
- ‘Precocious foragers-bees stimulated to forage early-also have significantly higher brain levels of the gene's messenger RNA and four-fold higher levels of the enzyme.’
- ‘This is where the cell decides which genes are to be transcribed into messenger RNA, which then serves as an instruction to make proteins.’
- ‘The system relies on short DNA sequences in bacterial messenger RNA that bind selectively to a specific small molecule.’
- ‘We extracted poly-A tailed messenger RNA separately from the planarian head portion and the body portions.’
- ‘So-called messenger RNA carries the genetic information from the DNA in the nucleus of the cell to the surrounding cytoplasm, where it ‘instructs’ the ribosome to produce life-giving proteins.’
- ‘Complementary DNA was made from messenger RNA using reverse transcription with a polydT primer.’
- ‘These stages include transcription, posttranscriptional processing, translation, and messenger RNA degradation.’
- ‘After genetic information from DNA is transferred to messenger RNA, the mRNA data is transferred to the protein during what is called translation.’
- ‘This rate closely matches the rate at which ribosomes translate along an mRNA sequence.’
- ‘One way to measure gene expression is to measure levels of messenger RNA - that's RNA that translates the genetic information of DNA into proteins.’
- ‘The researchers then produced from the DNA sequences the corresponding messenger RNA (mRNA).’
- ‘Exons were assigned by comparison of messenger RNA and genomic sequences.’
- ‘Gene expression in all organisms comprises the transcription of a certain gene on the DNA into messenger RNA through RNA polymerase starting from the promoter site, and its subsequent translation into a protein.’
- ‘This method generates quantitative estimates of the abundance of short sequence tags from messenger RNA.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.