Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large bag with a long strap, worn across the body.
- ‘Each doll also comes with an extra face plate, trendy fashions and a cool messenger bag.’
- ‘He pulled on a deep red shirt and loose black pants quickly and grabbed his black messenger bag.’
- ‘I mean, I have one, this square sack on a shoulder-strap, kinda like a messenger bag.’
- ‘They both have messenger bags, by the way.’
- ‘Customers also suggested improvements to the messenger bags themselves.’
- ‘My school trunk had been put in the limo earlier along with my pink messenger bag.’
- ‘The way to do this is not by pinning a button to your messenger bag.’
- ‘I flew out the door, purple messenger bag in hand.’
- ‘Austin fumbled a little as he put the princess into his messenger bag.’
- ‘I crammed the boxes in my messenger bag.’
- ‘From his messenger bag he dug out a binder the size of the local Yellow Pages.’
- ‘It was a good thing his laptop was in his messenger bag, currently slung over his shoulder.’
- ‘Messenger bags are some of the toughest bags on the planet.’
- ‘Most soft-sided messenger bags are also conservative enough for business meetings.’
- ‘Adrian shoved his notebook into his messenger bag.’
- ‘Stanton is still smiling, but as she pulls a stack of paperwork out of her messenger bag, Andre realizes her offer is real.’
- ‘My messenger bag was quite heavy with fresh produce by this point.’
- ‘This messenger bag even has a detachable leather case just for your cell phone.’
- ‘Hugging her messenger bag close, she plowed through the living traffic.’
- ‘Her grip tightened reflexively on the strap of her messenger bag.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.