One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounComputing Telecommunications
A mode of data transmission in which a message is sent as a complete unit and routed via a number of intermediate nodes at which it is stored and then forwarded.
- ‘Several new dimensions are introduced by message switching, including routing, protocols, and flow control.’
- ‘This part of the Application Programming documentation covers functions relating to message switching and printout spooling functions.’
- ‘E-Mail delivery is another example of message switching.’
- ‘The Multi-protocol Message System is a general purpose store-and-forward message switching system that maximizes the advantages of modern network techniques.’
- ‘The concept of message switching is quite old, at least going back to the ‘torn tape’ days of the 1930-1950 era.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.