One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small box that appears on a computer screen, in which instructions to or from a user are displayed.
- ‘The purpose of this method is to pop up a message box from the testing application that tells me that something went wrong, such as an invalid cast or a plug-in that was missing the implementation class altogether.’
- ‘You can post custom message boxes at the start and end of the SFX process and clean up all the extracted files at the end of the SFX process.’
- ‘However, if the attached file is opened, a fake message box can appear berating the Windows operating system in a lengthy tirade.’
- ‘If an update is available then it will display a message box to that effect and you then have the choice of whether to download or not.’
- ‘His message box was empty, so was his alert screen.’
- ‘The computer buzzed for a few seconds and then flashed a message box on the screen.’
- ‘Before Kassie could type in a reply, the message box read, ‘Mighty Mike may not reply because he or she appears to be offline.’’
- ‘A message box on her screen blinked to life, and Cassida smiled.’
- ‘In addition, it would contain several custom message boxes that the user would have to OK to during installation and use.’
- ‘Then the little red light flashed on the message box.’
- ‘In July the worm is programmed to display a message box describing itself as the ‘Lorraine Worm’.’
- ‘It also drops a VBS file displaying a message box which includes offensive text about anti-virus researcher Graham Cluley.’
- ‘You will face endless message boxes stating ‘How are you.’’
- ‘The man clicked on the envelope, then reached for the keyboard when a message box appeared at the center of the screen.’
- ‘Expect to get null pointer errors, every so often; an annoying message box appears, informing you of some mysterious internal null pointer error.’
- ‘Trey clocked onto it to open a message box after appearing offline on his contact list and started a conversation.’
- ‘A message box popped up, informing me that name was taken.’
- ‘Once the application has the result, it prints out a message to a message box to show if the login was successful.’
- ‘He exited his room and looked at his message box.’
- ‘Sloane's data appeared on the screen alongside a message box saying that no one called Nathalie had been born in the given years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.