One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Meddle or interfere with.‘stop messing with things you don't understand’
interfere, butt in, intrude, intervene, interlope, pry, poke, nose, busybody, interpose, obtrude, thrustView synonyms
- ‘You can't mess with these tides, nothing can slow, stop or control them.’
- ‘Stop drinking alcohol and coffee - they mess with your brain chemicals.’
- ‘He would regret messing with me and interfering with the master's plans!’
- ‘If we're really serious about the nation's health then let's tackle the big issues first and stop messing with the small pleasures of many of our citizens.’
- ‘They all knew that Jordan still liked me, and no guy was going to mess with me if Jordan interfered.’
- ‘But Glenda said he stopped messing with her then because he knew she'd call the law on him.’
- ‘Maybe that would teach her a lesson to stop messing with me.’
- ‘I want them all to stop messing with what is left of the natural world.’
- ‘Thousands of angry country residents twice marched on London to warn ministers not to mess with their right to hunt.’
- ‘It's what you get when gamers stop blasting aliens for a second and start messing with the narrative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.