One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The middle segment of the thorax of an insect, bearing the forewings or elytra.
- ‘Tufted is a classical Drosophila mutant characterized by a large number of ectopic mechanosensory bristles on the dorsal mesothorax.’
- ‘The first cutting position was across the mesothorax (the third segment) to view the anterior spiracle, and the spines between pro- and mesothorax.’
- ‘We compared the extent of pruinescence on the head, pterothorax (fused mesothorax and metathorax), and abdominal segments 1 to 10 between males of the two species.’
- ‘There is a rather extensive membranous area separating the sterna of the mesothorax and the metathorax.’
- ‘For this purpose a paper flag, made from a small piece of white cardboard is glued to the dorsum of the mesothorax in about vertical direction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.