Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in cosmetic surgery) a procedure in which multiple tiny injections of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, etc. are delivered into the mesodermal layer of tissue under the skin, to promote the loss of fat or cellulite.
- ‘While the most talked about form of mesotherapy is body sculpting or fat loss, the procedure is also used for cellulite treatment, pain relief, acne and many other non-cosmetic purposes.’
- ‘Currently, any physician who has taken a three-day training course can practice mesotherapy.’
- ‘In addition, there is no standardization in mesotherapy.’
- ‘Mesotherapy may be used in conjunction with dietary modification, hormone replacement therapy, exercise and nutritional supplements.’
- ‘She has not seen any other adverse events, although some cases of skin infections were reported with mesotherapy in Europe in the 1990's.’
- ‘I don't know if mesotherapy works.’
- ‘Mesotherapy can treat some elements like damaged circulation; this treatment is beneficial to make the skin smooth and reduce the fat from the body.’
- ‘We need to know a lot more about this procedure before plastic surgeons can endorse mesotherapy and recommend it to patients.’
- ‘One can also use facial mesotherapy which engages the hyaluronic acid and vitamins and leaves the skin glowing.’
- ‘No drug is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for use in mesotherapy.’
- ‘There are no published scientific studies demonstrating if the effects are permanent, why or if certain ingredients work, or how safe mesotherapy is for patients.’
- ‘Although the practice of mesotherapy has been around for decades in Europe, it has only recently been introduced in the United States.’
- ‘For those unafraid of needles, there is a newer form of treatment known as mesotherapy.’
- ‘Another fat melting technique that has enjoyed years of popularity in Europe and elsewhere but is only just coming to the attention of American physicians is mesotherapy.’
- ‘Mesotherapy is the best way to remove unnecessary fat from the body.’
- ‘Liposuction and mesotherapy are some of the treatments to remove cellulite.’
- ‘Mesotherapy is a potential alternative for removing localized fat without liposuction.’
- ‘There are no long-term studies suggesting mesotherapy is safe or effective.’
- ‘Cosmetic mesotherapy utilises the practice to treat cellulite, ageing skin and problem fatty areas.’
- ‘How about a quick fix for fat called mesotherapy?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.