One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cancer of mesothelial tissue, associated especially with exposure to asbestos.
- ‘At the age of 58, he has the incurable asbestos-related cancer mesothelioma and could have only months left to live.’
- ‘He said ‘There is an equivocal association between mesothelioma and asbestos exposure.’’
- ‘It was only seven months earlier that the asbestos cancer, mesothelioma, had been diagnosed.’
- ‘However, some individuals with only brief exposures have developed mesothelioma.’
- ‘About 90% of deaths due to mesothelioma are due to exposure to asbestos in unmonitored settings.’
- ‘The coroner recorded a verdict that he died from the industrial disease mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer.’
- ‘Therefore, the existence of childhood mesothelioma may be one reason why researchers do not attribute all mesotheliomas to asbestos exposure.’
- ‘And as yet there is no cure for mesothelioma, a cancer of the lung lining caused by asbestos.’
- ‘At least 3500 people in Great Britain die each year from mesothelioma and asbestos related lung cancer as a result of past exposure to asbestos.’
- ‘In Jameson, an employee contracted mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos at work.’
- ‘Periodic health surveillance for lung cancer or mesothelioma is not recommended.’
- ‘Conversely, there are few risk factors other than asbestos exposure for mesothelioma.’
- ‘Malignant mesothelioma is an uncommon neoplasm yet it is the most common primary malignancy of the pleura.’
- ‘The fibres stick in lung tissue, causing fatal diseases such as asbestosis and mesothelioma, both rare and aggressive forms of cancer.’
- ‘Such asbestos-related diseases include mesothelioma, a terminal cancer of the lining of the lungs.’
- ‘Then, there's the fact that not every mesothelioma is caused by asbestos.’
- ‘His solicitors said he was in good health until diagnosed in December 2002 with mesothelioma caused by asbestos exposure.’
- ‘By the age of 48 he was diagnosed with mesothelioma, nicknamed asbestos cancer, and died five years later at his home in Lanhill View.’
- ‘SV40 does not have a role in the majority of malignant mesotheliomas - a cancer associated with exposure to asbestos - according to a study in this month's Cancer Research.’
- ‘Now, of course, it is well known that it can cause asbestosis or mesothelioma, a malignant tumour of the lung lining caused by inhaling asbestos fibres.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.