One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cancer of mesothelial tissue, associated especially with exposure to asbestos.
- ‘It was only seven months earlier that the asbestos cancer, mesothelioma, had been diagnosed.’
- ‘Now, of course, it is well known that it can cause asbestosis or mesothelioma, a malignant tumour of the lung lining caused by inhaling asbestos fibres.’
- ‘At least 3500 people in Great Britain die each year from mesothelioma and asbestos related lung cancer as a result of past exposure to asbestos.’
- ‘He said ‘There is an equivocal association between mesothelioma and asbestos exposure.’’
- ‘Therefore, the existence of childhood mesothelioma may be one reason why researchers do not attribute all mesotheliomas to asbestos exposure.’
- ‘Malignant mesothelioma is an uncommon neoplasm yet it is the most common primary malignancy of the pleura.’
- ‘Conversely, there are few risk factors other than asbestos exposure for mesothelioma.’
- ‘Such asbestos-related diseases include mesothelioma, a terminal cancer of the lining of the lungs.’
- ‘And as yet there is no cure for mesothelioma, a cancer of the lung lining caused by asbestos.’
- ‘His solicitors said he was in good health until diagnosed in December 2002 with mesothelioma caused by asbestos exposure.’
- ‘However, some individuals with only brief exposures have developed mesothelioma.’
- ‘SV40 does not have a role in the majority of malignant mesotheliomas - a cancer associated with exposure to asbestos - according to a study in this month's Cancer Research.’
- ‘At the age of 58, he has the incurable asbestos-related cancer mesothelioma and could have only months left to live.’
- ‘Then, there's the fact that not every mesothelioma is caused by asbestos.’
- ‘The fibres stick in lung tissue, causing fatal diseases such as asbestosis and mesothelioma, both rare and aggressive forms of cancer.’
- ‘Periodic health surveillance for lung cancer or mesothelioma is not recommended.’
- ‘In Jameson, an employee contracted mesothelioma from exposure to asbestos at work.’
- ‘The coroner recorded a verdict that he died from the industrial disease mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer.’
- ‘About 90% of deaths due to mesothelioma are due to exposure to asbestos in unmonitored settings.’
- ‘By the age of 48 he was diagnosed with mesothelioma, nicknamed asbestos cancer, and died five years later at his home in Lanhill View.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.